Friday, March 30, 2007

Finally!

Thank you Erin for giving us all an update on your life! With internships ending and jobs starting we want to hear all about it. We especially want to hear it if it has nothing to do with internships and jobs! So, please E-mail me all the excitement and big news. heidiniel@gmail.com. Here's the latest from Erin:

I can't believe it has been nearly a year since we graduated! It has been a busy year for my husband (Chad) and I. Right after graduation we moved back to Oregon for the summer. It was a pretty uneventful summer of working, EXCEPT that we did go on a on a Cruise to the Caribbean with my side of the family. It was so beautiful and incredibly relaxing. We snorkeled, pet/held stingrays, and ate tons of food. I wish I could go back right now! At the beginning of August, we moved to Rockville, Maryland (just outside of DC) and that is where we have been living ever since. I started my internship with Sodexho at the beginning of September. With my internship each of the 10 interns get stationed at a different hospitals throughout the area. My "home-base" hospital is George Washington University Hospital. First I completed my foodservice management rotation which ended mid-October. Then I started Clinical, which is still my favorite. I just finished that rotation, including clinical nutrition managment, in the middle of March. It was such a long rotation, but by the end I actually felt like I could go out and be an actual RD. It's was an amazing learning curve! For the last 2 weeks I have been at different locations for my community rotations. First I was at Johns Hopkins Outpatient Clinics in Baltimore, MD and then this last week I was at an Outpatient Oncology Center in Alexandria, VA. In other words, I am getting great opportunities, but the commuting and traveling is intense. I look forward to finishing June 13th and to a time when I can work 5 minutes from my house.

Well, that is about all about my internship. In July we will move to Florida for Chad to start medical school at the beginning of August. We are really looking forward to it and to living in such a sunny place. Also in the news, we are expecting a baby! I've been feeling pretty well (thank goodness), but I sleep in ALL of my spare time. I'm due September 26th, so that will be something to hear about later on the blog ;)
I hope all is well for all of you! Feel free to write. I look forward to hearing from you.
Love,
Erin McDonald
mcdonald.erin@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home