Sunday, September 24, 2006

Update from Rochelle

Rochelle has some big news so read on. Margan seems to be a bit bashful, or thinks we don't care even though we all do, but she has some exciting news too. Make sure to check out her website (links are at the bottom right of this page) to catch up. Here's news from Rochelle.

I am living in Rockville, MD and doing my internship with the University of Maryland in College Park. I am really enjoying it and have met lots of cool people. There are a ton of different nutrition organizations out here and it is fun to be able to go in and see them all. We do a lot of different rotations in my internship which means that we are traveling a lot but every rotation gives me a new experience and insight and so I really enjoy it. Haley is also in the internship and so it is always fun to see her. The real reason for this email is to spread the news that I am engaged.

I got engaged on Labor Day to a boy that I have been dating since December. His name is Jeremy Andrew Johnson and we are getting married on July 7th in Boise, ID. Unfortunately it is a long engagement because we don't live in the same place right now. He is living in Boston getting his PhD in Chemistry from MIT, and as I've already discussed I live in Maryland. Needless to say we are experiencing the wonderful, or not so wonderful, world of long distance dating/engagement. Right now the web cam is our favorite new technology and we use it daily. It isn't horribly bad however as we get to see each other about every other weekend. The plan is to finish my internship, which is done the end of June, and then get married and move to Boston while he finishes up school. I'm attaching a picture so that everyone can see how cute he is. Hope everything is going well for all of you.

Rochelle

4 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger heidi nielsen said...

Rochelle, we love the webcam too. It's a great way to remind Austin's grandparents how cute he is on a regular basis so they keep the gifts coming =). Congrats on the engangement and thanks for keeping us updated.

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you are marrying Jeremy. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you. I know what you mean about the long-distance engagement. Luckily I am getting married in December, but it is definately a strain and hard to do. Good to hear you are doing so well. Take care!

Love,
Alicia G.

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute couple! Congrats on the engagement!

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry...forgot to sign my name- that last comment was from Sam. Congrats again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home