Old News
Here are some OLD updates from Kristen and Alicia that for some reason I never posted. Better late than never. Sorry.
Hi all--
Well, here I am, at Michigan State University's campus-- I'm in the dorms this week because I actually had to come stay on campus for this rotation. I'm supposed to be researching and developing a lesson plan on healthy fats, but a couple hours later I've checked facebook, read emails, and now updated myself on everyone's life via their blogs! :) Procrastination... some things never change, eh?! And even better, I brought my air popper here with me to the dorms, so soon I'll be munching on popcorn and procrastinating homework... which takes me even closer home to Provo days! I miss you all and love reading about all of the fun news. CONGRATULATIONS! Sitting here, I realized that I didn't udpate most of you....I'm engaged too! I know, I know... I didn't really think I'd ever do it either! :) jk But yeah, it's to the boy--Ken--that I dated most of our last year at BYU. We continued to date off-and-on throughout the summer, talk through the first part of my internship, and then he applied and got an internship out in Michigan too! So he was here from January- end of April. I've been living in the basement of a cute little family I met my first week at church out here, and then he moved in the basement of the bishop's house! haha... funny memories. Anyway, after quite some time, he told me that either the roller coaster needed to be more fun, or he was done with it! (he actually did say something to that effect once, but when he proposed it was a little more romantic than that!) He proposed at the beginning of March in downtown Chicago, right in front of the Drake Hotel and by Lake Michigan. We're getting married in July! Then, he found out he got into a master's program at University of Maryland, so we're moving there! My life is being turned upside down, but I am excited (and a little nervous) about the whole thing. Erin, if you have any suggestions on where to begin looking for jobs in the area, I advice and will be desperate for a job... we are going to be POOR! About halfway through the internship I developed an extraordinary plan for how I was going to take a year or so off before working (hehe--or maybe never work again! these plans were made on my tired days!)... but doesn't look like that's going to happen!
4.1 weeks and I'm done out here! It's been a good experience, but regardless, I have one of those paper Christmas rings and I'm counting down the days! :)
4.1 weeks and I'm done out here! It's been a good experience, but regardless, I have one of those paper Christmas rings and I'm counting down the days! :)
Anyway, I'm excited to tell you all and hope to keep hearing updates about your lives! Seriously, I miss our class! Even though I hate to admit it, I really do think the professors were right in saying that we had such a unique and good program! 4.1 weeks and I'm done out here! It's been a good experience, but regardless, I have one of those paper Christmas rings and I'm counting down the days! :)Anyway, I'm excited to tell you all and hope to keep hearing updates about your lives! Seriously, I miss our class! Even though I hate to admit it, I really do think the professors were right in saying that we had such a unique and good program!
Love you!
Kristen
Hey Heidi,
Wanted to send you an update. Chuck and I are doing well. We are both working and I am still in grad school and have one more semester before I start my internship. We will probably be moving to St. Louis in January for my rotations, but we are not for sure yet. I thought you might like some pics to add to the webpage. These are pics from a murder mystery dinner we went to. It was a lot of fun!
Love and miss you all...Keep in touch!
Wanted to send you an update. Chuck and I are doing well. We are both working and I am still in grad school and have one more semester before I start my internship. We will probably be moving to St. Louis in January for my rotations, but we are not for sure yet. I thought you might like some pics to add to the webpage. These are pics from a murder mystery dinner we went to. It was a lot of fun!
Love and miss you all...Keep in touch!
~Alicia Hilbran

2 Comments:
Great that Kristen is getting married in July! Congrats! Sounds like the internship went well, too.
Alicia looks great!
I mean that she got married in July; I got a bit confused on my dates! Congratulations, Kristin!
Post a Comment
<< Home